Kat Gordon has been called a revolutionary in a time of revolution. After years of working as an Advertising Creative Director, selling everything from software to cars, she turned a mirror on Madison Avenue, challenging its male/pale/stale sameness. Her social-change crusade, The 3% Movement, helped raise the number of female Creative Directors from 3% to 29%, changing the way consumers see themselves in the world’s most pervasive media. Ad Age named her “Visionary of the Year” in 2018.
During her 10-year journey running The 3% Movement, Kat and her team have had a front-row seat inside creative companies, witnessing what true cultures of belonging look, feel and smell like. She became obsessed with ensuring that everyone’s creative contributions be frictionless, which can only happen in cultures of deep belonging. That passion informs everything she does, from the book she is writing to the keynotes she delivers to the companies she chooses to advise.
Kat’s role as Founder of The 3% Movement has earned her many accolades, including the following:
- Induction into Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors, CES, 2019
- Top Voices: Marketing + Social Media, LinkedIn 2019
- YBCA 100 Honoree, 2019
- Advertising Age Visionary of the Year Award, 2018
- Listed: “100 People Who Make Advertising Great”
- Adweek Disruptor
- Winner: 30 Most Creative Women in Advertising, Business Insider
- Winner, Change Agent Award, AdColor
- Winner: Event Innovators, BizBash
- Winner “Forty Over 40”
At home, Kat is part of a 25% female environment where she lives with her husband and two sons. She is an avid tennis player, an intrepid traveler, an insatiable reader, and she can bake any of your favorite desserts, including creme brulee.